Demo import not working after installing theme. Keeps saying please wait but doesn’t load.
Maybe your hosting server doesn’t have options to import BIG demo content (cannot create many operations at one time).
You can change your server settings as recommend wordpress codex http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Working_with_WordPress
PS. Common error is “Internal server error 500” (check browser console for JS errors when the demo is importing))
- you need at least 256mb ram for php executing
- you need to increase execution time for php (for demo import: about 1 hour)
and check this How to Fix the 500 internal server error in WP
You can import demo content step by step. Go to Dashboard → Tools → Import → WordPress and import xml files from folder ‘Demo Content/Step By Step’.
After go to Dashboard → Theme Options → Import/Export and import data from themeoptions.json (Demo Content folder). Just copy content from themeoptions.json and paste to Theme Options.
You need to download full archive from Themeforest.
Also you may interesting next posts to solve your issue
- Errors in Permalinks
- Undetected PHP Errors
- Internal Server Error
- Maximum upload file size
- Cannot Modify Headers
- Login page showing 404 Error
- Error establishing a database connection
- Connection Timed-out
- Fatal Error: Call to Undefined Function
- Fatal Error: PHP Memory Allocation
- How to Fix the 500 internal server error in WordPress
- WordPress Error “Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again”
- How To Increase The PHP Memory Limit For WordPress
- Google Analytics — Where can I input the UA code?